Cocktail and guest arrival music sets the mood for an enchanted and elegant evening. Here are some of our most popular requests:
- Vitamin String Quartet – They combine a classical sound with a contemporary flair. With covers from the rockin Sweet Child o’ Mine and Smells Like Teen Spirit to a more pop standard Alejandro, VSQ will make any room dazzel with delight. Listen | View
- Scott Bradlee & Post Modern Jukebox – This group, while similar to the quartet in the covers they perform, PMJ takes this one step further with some quirky and fun vocals. Listen | View
- Frank Sinatra Standards – Well, this is the obvious standard 1940s and early 50s sound that is from the big band and jazz era. Familar artists include Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Ella Fitzgerald, Tony Bennett, Nat King Cole among many others.
- Adult Contemporary Standards – Songs that are vocal and newer, but aren’t typical dance songs fit well into this category. Examples would be: Celine Dion, Enrique Iglesias, Michael Buble’ and Jason Mraz. (Each decade of music has it’s own contemporary stars, see this wiki article for details)
- Country Classic Standards – Simple, yet very American. Country is still one of the top non-urban. Here are the top 100 Greatest Country Songs of All Time by Rolling Stone.
- Classical Standards – While this is certainly an option, it is by far the least popular. Artists like Bach, Beethoven and Mozart top this list of music icons. But, they are reinvented with the Vitamin String quartet and Post Modern Jukebox.